The Existential Philosophy and Its Repesentations in the Surreal Drawing
At the beginning of the 20th century, and especially after the First World War, a tremendous openness was opened to modern art with its overlapping, especially Surrealism. (Surrealism) is a comprehensive, intellectual and aesthetic pattern in different aspects of life. The Surrealist painting may overlap with the previous doctrines that formed the patterns of the crisis era and the cumulative cultural shocks of the early 20th century Selective integration and integrated its overall vision to produce a violent speech against the speech (center institution, state, system) was drawing surreal one of these doctrines.
From the beginning, the surrealist painting was concerned with the philosophies of existentialism and influenced them, including:
1 - Call existential philosophy to idle, and push it to despair.
2 - Strengthening the spirit of individual dream, which distanced from the current problems of society.
- The impossibility of achieving any production of a general social character.
Based on the above, the current research problem is highlighted by the following question:
To what extent does the Surrealist painting represent existential philosophy?
The importance of the research is that it highlights an important aspect of drawing surreal
The urgent need for the current research as it investigates the representations of existential philosophy in the surreal drawing, adopted by (artists of that period).
It also highlights the importance of research in standing up to the totality of existential philosophies, and through the drawing of serials, which in itself is a special need through a comprehensive multilateral study, will provide aesthetic and artistic studies and critics of plastic art with the necessary information. It will be of assistance to researchers from graduate students and specialists in the field of art and painting in particular.
The objective of the research: was known: - Representations of existential philosophy in the surreal drawing
The current search is defined by the following limits:
1 - Chronological: the artistic products (works of drawing surreal) extended during the period (1917 - 1970)
2 Possibilities: Europe
3 Objectively: Representations of existential philosophy
The most important terms are: Surrealism - existentialism
The second chapter comes from the theoretical framework (existentialism, existentialism).
The third chapter addresses the research community and its procedures.
The sample of the research was selected using the selective method in the selection. The sample reached (8) technical works and the researcher adopted the descriptive analytical method.
In light of the analysis of the sample of the research sample and the achievement of the research objective, the current research results in the following results:
- The body of the artist surreal human (individual) so that it made the center of the subject affected by the existential philosophy.
- Look at the interpretation of the artist Surrealist being open to other reading and critical approaches modern.
- The work of art (surreal), with multiple readings through continuous processes of understanding and interpretation of the artist.
- was (the most surreal drawing) in the period (1917-1970m), in all its strange and exciting practices.
The most important conclusions were:
- The emergence of existential philosophy 0 in modern art, was linked to the mood and atmosphere of war.
- Effects of existential philosophy 0 in modern art on the levels of artistic work all.
- Modern art appeared features and existential level of form the structure of the work of art, the research ended with recommendations including:
- The researcher recommends preparing a comparative study of the surreal movement and its relation to the world art.
- activating the experiences of contemporary Iraqi Surrealist artist, and the extent of communication with the contemporary surrealist artist.
The most important proposals were:
- Studying the Iraqi surrealistic features of a modernist nature.
- Conducting a comparative study between Surrealist and Iraqi art.