Building Self-Consistency Measure for Students of the University of Babylon
That everyone's target is very normal man, a man psychologically sound personal coordinated and perfect, and his character is distinct from the others in a position to predict and control the response as well as the full use of his capabilities, and compatible with the environment a positive consensus. It concludes that the self-consistency of the consistency of the actions of a person and his dealings with other people in the roles of a period of time, and for this, the self-consistency can be determined on the basis of continuity of any long-term contact over time. Hence the problem of current research identified the need for an objective measure of self-consistency among university students, Which Current search is addressing and processing.
Search goal: building self-consistency scale for the students of the University of Babylon
The research community and specimens: It includes the students of three college they are; fourth and first-grade students at the Faculty of Fine Arts, the fourth grade students in the College of Pharmacy, and fourth-grade students at the Faculty of Law/ University of Babylon. Total research community in these colleges for the year stood at (2015- 2016) (957) students, of which 456 males and 501 females. Due to the researcher to build scale of self- consistency, it has required the withdrawal of three samples from the original research community: the reconnaissance sample reached (64) students pulled intentionally, and sample of building a measure amounted to (394) pulled in a random stratified way 50% of the orgional community, to withdraw the basic research sample, the researcher used the percentage way of the remaining the fourth stage male of The Faculty of Fine Arts as the percentage of males (0.53) The percentage of female fourth Faculty of Fine Arts was (0.47), and the total (224) male and female students.
Research Tool: The researcher built an objective tool to measure a variable (self-consistency) according to the following steps:
- Defining the concept of (self-consistency) procedural definition and analyzing its content into four areas: the relationship with others, and uniqueness, work, and gaining knowledge. And drafting (67) items distributed among them.
- Sincerity tool: the researcher used two methods for the sincerity, they are:
A - making sense method: Through content analysis or substance which resulted in the deletion of (11) paragraph of the measure after presenting it to the arbitrators, bringing the number of paragraphs (56) items plus four paragraphs to detect objectivity the scale became a paragraph consists of (60)items and after the researcher has checked the sincerity of scale logically, she has put a the Quintet estimation scale of in front of each paragraph and planned a correction key accordingly. Then she has applied it to build a sample to extract the pilot sincerity.
- Pilot method: extracted in three ways:
First - Peripheral comparison method between the upper and lower sets.
Second - internal consistency method.
Third - factor analysis method.
- The stability of the tool: stability of the tool has been achieved in two ways:
A method (Cronbach's alpha): the stability of the scale amounted to (0888).
(B) Midterm Fragmination method: the value of the stability of half-scale (744) since this value represents the stability of half scale, so the researcher used the equation (Spearman - Brown) to edit and extract the full value of scale and get a degree of firmness reached (0853), which confirms that the scale has a high degree of constancy and reliable.
Statistical methods: The researcher used the social statistical Pouch (spss) for data processing were used, the Pouc was used in the following topics:
- Percentage: used by a researcher to unload arbitrators responses, used in the interpretation of the accepted factors and to withdraw the basic sample.
- Mean: Use in substantive response extraction, strength discriminatory clauses. As well as to find Means for computational research samples.
- Standard Deviation:
- The standard error:
- Test (T-Test) independent and equal number of samples. To measure the moral significance of the scale paragraphs, which is used to compare Means when samples are big and equal.
- Person Corrlation coefficient)): To calculate the internal consistency (ratified paragraphs of scale) and to find the relationship between each paragraph of the scale with the total score of the scale, as well as a way to extract the fortitude fragmentation midterm.
- (Sperman Brown Formula): used to modify the scale and extract the value of the stability of the entire measure, since after measuring the correlation coefficient between the two halves of self-consistency for estimating half of the test, has been modified the mentioned equation.
- Cronbach's alpha formula: to calculate the tool stability.
- Test (F) to calculate the harmony between the two halves of the scale.
- Used in the factorial analysis procedures.
These procedures have resulted in a measure consists of four areas include (45) items and (4) items were added to detect the objectivity, the researcher used the scale of the Quintet estimation in front of each paragraph and prepared correction key accordingly